CBD, that magic little acronym we’re all buzzing about, stands for cannabidiol. This gem from the hemp plant is a real game-changer in both the wellness and skincare worlds. But don’t worry, it won’t get you high – that’s THC’s job, not CBD’s. Folks are raving about CBD’s potential health perks, and a popular way to get in on the action is through CBD topicals. Let’s jump into the nitty-gritty of what these CBD topicals are all about, and how you pick the perfect one for you.
Table of ContentsToggle
How CBD Topicals Work
CBD topicals include CBD creams, lotions, balms, or oils. They’re not like oral CBD types that take a tour through your digestive system and into your bloodstream. Nope, CBD creams and topicals get busy right where you apply them. Rub some CBD cream on your skin, and it is absorbed through the layers of your skin for potential localized relief. Once absorbed the CBD begins to interact with your endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is a network of receptors that plays an important role in achieving homeostasis or balance in the body. Some functions that the ECS is said to modulate include the body’s pain and inflammation response, keeping the immune system in check, and skin looking healthy.
Potential Benefits of CBD Topicals
- Pain, Begone!: Got muscle or joint pain? CBD topicals such as this CBD cream for pain by PureKana might just be your new best friend thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD.
- Hello, Gorgeous Skin: If you’re trying to manage acne or just want happy, hydrated skin, CBD topicals could be a match made in heaven.
- Spot-On Relief: Directly apply CBD topicals to the trouble spots for a more efficient, localized solution than offered by oral forms of CBD.
- No Highs Here: No need to worry about feeling intoxicated – CBD will not get you high.
- Easy-Peasy: Work CBD topicals into your daily wellness routine without a fuss. A little rub here, a little massage there, and you’re good to go.
Choosing The Right Topical CBD Product
Choosing the right CBD topicals is not as straightforward as you might think and there are several factors to take into account before buying these products. But first, before we get into that, if you’d like to make your own CBD topicals at home, click on the link to find out how.
If you prefer to just buy CBD topicals from a top brand then here’s what you need to know:
- How Strong?: Check the CBD concentration. More might mean greater relief, but also a heftier price tag.
- What’s Inside?: Look for natural, organic ingredients.
- Quality Check: Go for products with third-party lab testing – it’s like a quality assurance stamp.
- Smells & Feels: Like your CBD topicals scented or not? Prefer a light lotion or a thick balm? You choose.
- Full, Broad, or Isolated?: Pick your CBD type from full or broad spectrum or CBD isolate based on your needs and sensitivities. For the record, a full spectrum CBD oil contains a whole host of other cannabinoids, including a minimal amount of THC (up to 0.3%). A broad spectrum CBD cream has all of the THC removed but contains other cannabinoids and terpenes. A CBD isolate cream contains pure CBD.
- Budget-Friendly: Balance quality with what your wallet can handle.
- What Are Other People Saying?: Customer reviews can be gold; see what others are saying.
How to Use CBD Topicals
- Wash Your Skin First: Make sure your skin’s clean before you start.
- Apply Gently: A dab here, a rub there – massage it in until the CBD cream is all absorbed.
- Patience is Key: Give the CBD cream time to work its magic.
- Reapply as Needed: Follow the product’s guide and your needs for reapplying.
Possible Side Effects And Precautions
Generally, CBD topicals are safe but watch out for:
- Allergic Reactions: Test a small patch first to test for skin allergies.
- Speak to your Doctor: Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or if you are taking any prescribed medication.
- No-Go for Open Wounds: Do not apply CBD topicals to broken or damaged skin.
- Mums-to-Be and Nursing: Check with your healthcare provider first.
What You Need to Know About Topical CBD Products – Final Thoughts
CBD topicals are an exciting path for potential natural relief. Be sure to do your homework on the product, consider what your needs are, and the steps laid out in this article. And remember, speaking with a healthcare professional first is always a smart move especially if you are taking any medications.
Joel is a whiz with computers. When he was just a youngster, he hacked into the school's computer system and changed all of the grades. He got away with it too - until he was caught by the vice-principal! Joel loves being involved in charities. He volunteers his time at the local soup kitchen and helps out at animal shelters whenever he can. He's a kind-hearted soul who just wants to make the world a better place.