Looking for games similar to Factorio? Well, you’re in luck because I’ve got some recommendations that will scratch that automation itch. Whether you’re a fan of intricate resource management and complex production chains or love the satisfaction of building and optimizing your factory, these games have covered you.
Looking for some games like Factorio? If you’ve already spent countless hours building and optimizing your factory in Factorio, you might be itching for a new gaming experience with similar mechanics and challenges. Luckily, there are several fantastic alternatives out there that will keep your engineering skills sharp and your creativity flowing. Here are my top picks:
- Satisfactory: Jump into the Satisfactory world and immerse yourself in a first-person perspective as you construct elaborate automated factories on an alien planet. With a focus on resource gathering, logistics, and exploration, this game offers a visually stunning environment and endless possibilities for designing efficient production lines.
- RimWorld: While not specifically focused on factory building, RimWorld offers an addictive mix of colony management and survival gameplay. Create a thriving community from scratch by managing resources, assigning tasks to colonists, defending against threats, and researching new technologies. The intricate systems in this game will surely challenge your strategic thinking.
- Anno 1800: Set sail during the dawn of the industrial age with Anno 1800. This city-building simulation game allows you to construct magnificent cities while managing supply chains, trade routes, diplomacy, and more. Delve into the complexities of urban planning as you strive for economic dominance in this beautifully detailed historical setting.
- Oxygen Not Included: In this quirky space-colony simulation game developed by Klei Entertainment (the creators of Don’t Starve), you’ll need to guide your colonists through the challenges of surviving deep within an asteroid. Manage resources meticulously as you build life-sustaining infrastructure while dealing with environmental hazards like lack of oxygen or extreme temperatures.
- FortressCraft Evolved!: If you’re looking for something more futuristic, FortressCraft Evolved! is worth exploring. This voxel-based sandbox game combines elements from Minecraft with automation mechanics similar to Factorio’s gameplay style. Design and optimize colossal factories in a vast open world, all while defending against hostile creatures.
Table of ContentsToggle
Games Like Factorio
Here are some noteworthy options:
- Satisfactory: This game puts you in the shoes of an engineer on an alien planet, where you must gather resources, build factories, and automate production. With its immersive first-person perspective and complex machinery systems, Satisfactory offers a unique blend of exploration and base-building.
- RimWorld: Although not strictly focused on automation like Factorio, RimWorld shares the same addictive nature of building efficient systems. In this colony simulation game, you’ll manage a group of survivors stranded on a distant planet. From constructing structures to working resources and defending against threats, RimWorld’s intricate gameplay will keep you engaged for hours.
- Oxygen Not Included: Developed by Klei Entertainment, the creators of Don’t Starve, Oxygen Not Included challenges players to manage a space colony underground. You’ll need to ensure your colonists have enough oxygen, food, water, and other necessities while expanding your base through careful planning and resource management.
- FortressCraft Evolved!: If you enjoy the industrial automation aspect of Factorio but crave a more blocky aesthetic reminiscent of Minecraft, then FortressCraft Evolved! might be right up your alley. Set in a distant future where humanity is exploring new worlds for resources, this sandbox game offers endless possibilities for designing intricate factory setups.
- Mindustry: With its mix of tower defense elements and factory-building mechanics, Mindustry provides an engaging experience for fans of both genres. Defend your core from waves of enemies while efficiently managing resource extraction and processing to maintain your defenses.
If you’re a fan of Factorio and looking for similar games to satisfy your engineering and automation cravings, you’re in luck! There are several titles out there that offer similar gameplay mechanics and challenges.
Divyanshu loves to spend his time drawing, sketching and painting. He also enjoys writing blogs on various topics that interest him. He is a witty and intelligent person, who likes to engage in interesting conversations with people he meets. He is someone you would love to know!