If you enjoyed playing the cooperative action-adventure game “A Way Out” and are looking for similar gaming experiences, you’re in luck! There are several games out there that offer a comparable gameplay style and immersive storytelling.
Games Like A Way Out
If you enjoyed playing “A Way Out” and are looking for more thrilling multiplayer experiences, here are some games that offer similar gameplay mechanics and cooperative storytelling:
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: Developed by the same studio as “A Way Out,” this game focuses on the bond between two brothers as they embark on a captivating adventure. The unique control scheme, where each thumbstick controls a different character, creates an immersive cooperative experience.
- Unravel Two: In this charming platformer, players control a pair of yarn creatures navigating through beautifully designed levels. Just like in “A Way Out,” teamwork is essential to overcome obstacles and progress through the emotional story.
- The Forest: If you enjoyed the survival aspect of “A Way Out,” then this open-world survival horror game is worth checking out. You and your friends find yourselves stranded on a deserted island inhabited by cannibalistic mutants, forcing you to work together to build shelter, gather resources, and fend off enemies.
- Man of Medan: From the creators of “Until Dawn,” this interactive horror game allows multiple players to shape the fate of its characters. With branching narratives and quick-time events, it offers a cinematic experience akin to “A Way Out.”
- We Were Here Together: This puzzle-solving adventure requires seamless cooperation between two players who find themselves trapped in separate areas of an eerie castle filled with mysteries waiting to be unraveled.
These games provide immersive cooperative experiences, intriguing narratives, and unique gameplay mechanics that will keep you engaged just like “A Way Out.” Whether you prefer emotional journeys or intense action-packed adventures, there’s something here for everyone.
Multiplayer Prison Break Games
When it comes to multiplayer prison break games like A Way Out, there are a few options that offer similar thrilling experiences. Here are some games that capture the essence of escaping from prison and provide an exciting cooperative gameplay:
- The Escapists 2: In this top-down strategy game, you’ll need careful planning and resource management skills to orchestrate your escape.
- Prison Architect: While not strictly a multiplayer game, Prison Architect allows you to design and manage your own maximum-security prison. You can challenge friends by sharing your creations online and see if they can successfully escape the prison you’ve built.
- Payday 2: Though not centered around escaping from prison specifically, Payday 2 offers intense heist scenarios where teamwork is crucial for success. Coordinate with other players as you plan and execute elaborate robberies while evading law enforcement.
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men: This action-packed game focuses on two convicts who team up to survive after being forced into criminal activities by a powerful organization. The cooperative mode allows you to work together strategically in high-stakes situations.
- A Way Out – Friend Pass (not really another game but worth mentioning): If you enjoyed A Way Out’s unique storytelling and cooperative gameplay, don’t forget that it offers a “Friend Pass” feature that enables someone who owns the game to invite a friend who doesn’t own it to play along for free.
These multiplayer prison break games promise gripping narratives, intense gameplay mechanics, and opportunities for collaboration with friends or other players worldwide.
Joel is a whiz with computers. When he was just a youngster, he hacked into the school's computer system and changed all of the grades. He got away with it too - until he was caught by the vice-principal! Joel loves being involved in charities. He volunteers his time at the local soup kitchen and helps out at animal shelters whenever he can. He's a kind-hearted soul who just wants to make the world a better place.