Table of ContentsToggle
Games Like Grounded
- “The Forest”: Step into a hauntingly beautiful open-world where you find yourself stranded in a dense forest after a plane crash. Like Grounded, you’ll need to scavenge for resources, build shelter, craft weapons, and fend off terrifying creatures lurking in the darkness.
- “Don’t Starve”: This charming yet challenging game puts you in the shoes of Wilson, a gentleman scientist trapped in a mysterious wilderness filled with strange creatures and dangers at every turn. With its Tim Burton-esque art style and emphasis on resource management and survival tactics, it shares similarities with Grounded’s gameplay loop.
- “Subnautica”: Dive into an awe-inspiring underwater world teeming with vibrant marine life as you explore vast depths and unravel the mysteries of an alien planet. Just like Grounded immerses you in the miniature world of insects, Subnautica offers an equally captivating experience by delving into the wonders beneath the ocean surface.
- “Raft”: Embark on an epic oceanic adventure as you navigate through treacherous waters on a humble raft. Collect debris to expand your floating sanctuary while battling hunger, thirst, and shark attacks along the way. With its focus on survival mechanics and exploration, Raft presents a compelling alternative to Grounded.
- “Green Hell”: Prepare yourself for the ultimate test of survival deep within the Amazon rainforest. As you face hostile wildlife and struggle against diseases lurking in this unforgiving environment, Green Hell provides an intense experience akin to Grounded’s challenges amidst nature’s harsh realities.
When it comes to finding games like Grounded, one title that immediately comes to mind is The Forest. This survival game shares some similarities with Grounded, making it a great alternative for players who are looking for a similar experience.
In The Forest, you find yourself stranded in a mysterious forest after surviving a plane crash. Just like in Grounded, your main objective is to survive and navigate the hostile environment while uncovering the secrets of the island. You’ll need to gather resources, build shelter and weapons, and fend off against dangerous creatures that lurk in the shadows.
The game also offers a compelling storyline filled with mystery and intrigue. As you explore the island, you’ll stumble upon clues and remnants of past inhabitants which gradually unravel the dark history of the forest.
In Rust, you’ll find yourself starting with nothing but your wits and bare hands. As you explore the vast landscapes, you’ll need to scavenge for materials to craft weapons, tools, and defenses. The game features a dynamic day-night cycle which adds an extra layer of challenge as darkness brings about increased dangers.
Rust also shares similarities with Grounded when it comes to base-building mechanics. Constructing fortified structures not only provides shelter from hostile elements but also acts as a deterrent against raiders looking to steal your hard-earned resources. The freedom of design allows for creative expression while ensuring strategic defense against potential threats.
Subnautica is an immersive underwater survival game that shares some similarities with Grounded. In Subnautica, players find themselves stranded on an alien planet covered mostly by water, where they must explore the depths of the ocean to gather resources and unravel the mysteries of their surroundings.
The Long Dark
One game similar to Subnautica is The Long Dark. While not set underwater, it offers a comparable sense of exploration and survival in a harsh environment. In The Long Dark, players are faced with surviving in the frozen wilderness after a geomagnetic disaster has plunged the world into chaos. Just like in Subnautica, resource management and careful decision-making are crucial for your character’s survival.
In The Long Dark, you’ll need to scavenge for food, water, and shelter while dealing with unpredictable weather conditions and wildlife encounters. As you explore the vast open-world setting, you’ll uncover new locations and face various challenges that will test your skills and adaptability.
Subnautica: Below Zero
For those who enjoyed the original Subnautica experience but crave something new, Subnautica: Below Zero offers an exciting continuation of the franchise’s immersive gameplay. Set in an arctic region on the same alien planet as its predecessor, this standalone expansion introduces icy biomes and a compelling narrative.
In Subnautica: Below Zero, players take on the role of a scientist investigating mysterious occurrences while contending with extreme cold temperatures and hazardous creatures lurking beneath the frozen surface. This game expands upon Subnautica’s core mechanics while introducing fresh challenges and discoveries.
Similar to its predecessor, Below Zero encourages exploration as you dive deeper into uncharted territories filled with awe-inspiring marine lifeforms and secrets waiting to be discovered.
Joel is a whiz with computers. When he was just a youngster, he hacked into the school's computer system and changed all of the grades. He got away with it too - until he was caught by the vice-principal! Joel loves being involved in charities. He volunteers his time at the local soup kitchen and helps out at animal shelters whenever he can. He's a kind-hearted soul who just wants to make the world a better place.